Monday, 6/13 Professional Training Schedule:
(NOTE* all trainiees elegible for reduce Clean Energy Economy Conference Rate of $50. REGISTER for the CEEC at that rate HERE: http://www.ncenergyconference.org/registration)
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Energy Code Training for Design Professionals, USGBC, course has been approved for 7 GBCI CE hours and 7 AIA HSW/SD LUs
Demystify New York State's 2015 Energy Conservation Construction Code with Conquer the Code, a training course to help architects and engineers design more energy-efficient buildings. In an era of improved code enforcement, the course provides critical knowledge about significant changes, new provisions, and best practices to avoid objections and stalled projects. Attend a course for a look at the new energy code and to understand what it means for your daily work. Each course is led by a certified instructor with more than five years of professional architecture or engineering experience, a passion for sustainability, and in-depth knowledge of the green building industry. Learn how to conquer the energy code from an expert designer of commercial, institutional, industrial, single-family and/or multi-family buildings that exceed energy code requirements.
Who should take this course? Conquer the Code starts with the basics of energy code design and construction requirements, teaches the breadth of the residential/commercial provisions and ends with clarification of the documentation and inspection processes.
- Conquer the Code qualifies for a total of 7 CEUs.
- AIA HSW/SD: 7.0 (AIA credits may also be used by NY State Professional Engineers)
- GBCI: GBCI CE hours for LEED Professionals
- A $75 course fee includes a course manual. Attendees are encouraged to bring a copy of the 2015IECC code book.
USGBC TRAINING REGISTER HERE: http://www.usgbc.org/event/conquer-energy-code-utica
9:00 am - 5:00 pm Hydronics for High Efficiency Biomass Boilers, NYSERDA, 7 CEUs:
This full day design-focused workshop examines best practices for combining modern, high efficiency wood-fired boilers with hydronic distribution systems. It will cover the operating characteristics of wood-gasification boilers, pellet-fired boilers, and the latest hydronic heating technology that can complement these high efficiency heat sources. The hydronic topics discussed will include low temperature that emitters, high efficiency circulators, modern control techniques, and options for water-based thermal storage. The workshop culminates with several examples of how to combine these heat sources and distribution techniques into stable, efficient, and reliable systems. If you plan to be involved in designing or installing wood-based biomass heating systems, this workshop will present a wide range of design details that will help optimize the performance your systems deliver.
- A $149 course fee includes a meal. SUNY students, faculty, and staff can attend for free.
- 7 AIA Member CEU credits which can be used by professional engineers and architects toward the license renewal requirements.
HYDRONICS TRAINING REGISTER HERE: https://www.regonline.com/NYSERDAbiomasss2016copy
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Course 8 = Energy Code Basics for Residential Buildings: Envelope, Mechanical Systems & Lighting Provisions, Newport Ventures with NYSERDA, 2 CEUs:
- 2 CEUs (BPI & AIA)
- No course fee.
COURSE 8 REGISTER HERE: http://codetrainingutica.
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Safety and Fire Considerations for Solar PV Workshop, 3 In-Service Hours:
NOTE: This event has been moved to Tuesday 6/14 6:30-9:30 pm
This course will provide first responders, such as fire fighters and rescue personnel, with a training on safety precautions and fire code considerations with respect to the recognition and disabling of PV systems. This training will include solar technology identification on the premises, disconnecting methods, and code requirements for roof coverage by modules. Additionally, this training will address access to safe walking space, access to ventilation, location and identification of disconnect switches, DC and AC system conduits and conductors, and battery backup systems.
- 3 in-service hours for the NY Department of State Division of Building Standards and Codes
- No Course fee.
REGISTER HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
NY Commercial Energy Code Allies and Assets, IBTS with NYSERDA, CEUs available (see below):
This course, designed for consumers and potential consumers of third party energy professionals’ services, will explore the role of energy professionals in achieving compliance with the commercial provisions of the 2016 Energy Conservation Construction Code of New York State (ECCCNYS-2016). The course will include a detailed look at the commercial energy code provisions that promote the use of energy professionals, highlight best practices and case studies of jurisdictions currently employing energy professionals, and offer discussion on incorporating the energy professional industry into current design, construction, and enforcement processes. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Become familiar with commercial code provisions that permit the use of energy professionals.
- Identify common commercial energy professionals and their skill sets and capabilities.
- Discuss the benefits of using each energy professional in commercial code compliance.
- Identify how and where energy professionals fit into current code compliance processes.
Continuing Education Units available:
- IBTS is authorized by IACET to offer 0.4 CEUs for this program.
- AIA has approved 4.0 LU/HSW units for this program.
- IBTS is registered as an ICC Preferred Provider; this course counts for 0.4 CEUs through ICC.
- There is no fee for this training.
REGISTER HERE: NY Commercial Energy Code Allies and Assets